Rock River (WI / IL)

Eagle Creek owns four facilties on the Rock River in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, generating approximately 26 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy each year.  North American Hydro acquired the Janesville, Beloit, and Rockton facilities from Wisconsin Power and Light in 1998.  Eagle Creek acquired the Dixon facility in 2017.

Janesville

The Janesville power station is a 500-kilowatt hydroelectric generating station located on the Rock River near the town of Janesville, Wisconsin.  The facility is equipped with two Leffel  turbine units. The facility produces approximately 3 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy in a typical year.  The Janesville facility was originally built in 1927.  It was rehabilitated and returned to service in 1994.  Janesville operates under a license from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC Project No. 2347) that is valid until 2024.

Beloit

The Beloit power station is a 480-kilowatt hydroelectric generating station located on the Rock River near the town of Beloit, Wisconsin.  The facility is equipped with one Allis Chalmers turbine units. The facility produces approximately 3 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy in a typical year.  The Beloit facility began commercial operation in 1927 and operates under a license from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC Project No. 2348) that is valid until 2024.

Rockton

The Rockton power station is a 1,100-kilowatt hydroelectric generating station located on the Rock River near the town of Rockton, Illinois.  The facility is equipped with two S. Morgan Smith turbine units. The facility produces approximately 5 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy in a typical year.  The Rockton facility began commercial operation in 1929 and operates under a license from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC Project No. 2373) that is valid until 2023.

Dixon

The Dixon power station is a 3,200-kilowatt hydroelectric generating station located on the Rock River near the town of Dixon, Illinois.  The facility is equipped with five IP Morris vertical turbines.  The facility produces more than 13 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy in a typical year.  It was originally built in 1925 and has undergone regular refurbishment since.  Dixon operates under a license from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC Project No. 2448) that is valid until 2024.