Eagle Creek is pleased to provide canoe portage facilities, along with parking and put-in facilities for hand-carry/non-motorized boats at the Woronoco project. The facilities at Woronoco include:
- a put-in/take out for canoes and small, non-motorized boats, located at the southwest portion of the impoundment near U.S. Route 20, including an adjacent parking area for up to 15 vehicles;
- a take-out area for canoes, located directly upstream of the project's two dams, on the impoundment's southeast shoreline;
- a canoe portage path, which includes designated rest stops, racks, and signs directing persons to the downstream put-in;
- a put-in area along the east shoreline of the Westfield River, a short distance downstream from the project powerhouse, for canoeists and persons with hand-carried boats; and
- a parking area located near Bridge Street for approximately 15 vehicles with an associated trail for persons with canoes and hand-carried boats who desire to access the Westfield River downstream of the project powerhouse.
Below is a site map of the Woronoco facilities: