The Schoolfield facility operates under a license issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Eagle Creek Schoolfield, LLC (a subsidiary of Eagle Creek Renewable Energy) and the City of Danville, VA are the co-licensees for the facility. The facility's current license was issued in 1994 and expires in 2024. On May 31, 2019, the licensee submitted documentation to the FERC to initiate the process of re-licensing the Schoolfield facility.
The licensees are following a FERC process known as the Traditional Licensing Process (TLP). The TLP is one of three approved processes, described on the FERC website here: https://www.ferc.gov/industries-data/hydropower/licensing/licensing-processes. Currently, the process is in the third stage, with the Final License Application being filed on July 29, 2022.
All filings related to the relicensing process are available from the FERC's eLibrary website: elibrary.ferc.gov. Search for filings by project number: P-2411.
The licensees are making available major document submissions, major FERC orders, and other relevant documents on this website.
Final License Application on July 29, 2022:
- Schoolfield FLA Transmittal Letter (6 pages; 288 KB)
- Schoolfield FLA Initial Verification Statement (9 pages; 328 KB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit A (29 pages; 3.02 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit E (209 pages; 21.7 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit E Appendix A Correspondence (348 pages; 19.1 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit F (4 pages; 52 KB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit G (7 pages; 999 KB)
- Schoolfield FLA Exhibit H (14 pages; 287 KB)
- Schoolfield FLA Attach 1 DSP (46 pages; 2.07 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Attach 2 FSP (72 pages; 2.35 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Attach 3 FSR (457 pages; 17.9 MB)
- Schoolfield FLA Attach 4 DLA Comment Response Summary (20 pages; 322 KB)
Draft License Application on March 31, 2022:
- Schoolfield DLA and Draft Study Reports (689 pages; 27.5 MB)
These documents are available on this site via the links above.
The licensee will also provide hard copies of any of the above documents upon request. A reproduction cost fee of $0.25/page will apply to such requests. Please use the link below to download a request form and mail the completed form, along with a check for the reproduction cost fee, to Eagle Creek Schoolfield, LLC, care of Eagle Creek Renewable Energy, to request a hard copy of any document.
The licensees will continue to post public information regarding the relicensing of the Schoolfield facility as the process continues.